Smart OTDR mit Power-Meter, Visual Fault Locator and Laser Source
This handy Smart OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer) device combines different features in one device. It is equipped with a colour touch screen which allows easy operation. Additionally it can record up to 200 measurements and can transmit them via USB port to a computer.
The Smart OTDR
is suitable for measurements at extisting singlemode fiber optic lines, e.g. to locate faults and to determine technical values. The data optained provide an insight into the condition of the optical fiber and the passive optical elements, such as connectors, splices and multiplexers. Thus, attenuation values or also the fiber length (up to 60km) as well as the distance to a source of error can be determined. This is indicated via a curve display giving also additional detailed information.
The Visaul Fault Locator
is used to locate faults on already installed fiber optic cables. A break or fault in the fiber will refract the light and leads it outwards, so that a clearly visible red light spot will mark the faulty area. The universal connection can be used for the common fiber optic connectors ST / SC / FC.
The output signal (650nm) can either be operated as continuous light or pulse mode of 1Hz or 2Hz. The test can be carried out both on singlemode and multimode fibers.
The use as Light Source
is also possible, providing the wavelengths 1310nm and 1550nm, either as continuous supply or with pulse mode of 270Hz or 1000Hz or 2000Hz for data simulation.
The device can also be used as Power Meter.
The following wavelengths settings are available: 850nm, 1300nm, 1310nm, 1490nm, 1550nm and 1625nm. Both attenuation values in dB as well as power values in mW are shown on the colour display.
For other connector types, such as LC/PC, our Hybrid-Adapter
can be used (e.g. SC male to LC female).
- handy and robust device
- colour display with touch function 10cm with 800 x 400 pixels
- possibilty of recording up to 200 measurement results
- testing of singlemode and multimode cables
- universal connection for ST, SC, FC
- operation with integrated lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- OTDR (Optical Time Domain Reflectometer)
- wavelengths 1310nm/1550nm
- measuring range 22dB / 20dB
- measuring distance 0 - 60km
- dead zone of Recflection 2m
- dead zone of attenuation event 12m
- Visual Fault Locator
- wavelength 650nm
- continuous light, pulse mode 1Hz or 2Hz
- Light Source
- adjustable wavelengths 1310nm, 1550nm
- transmission power -5dB
- Power Meter
- adjustable wavelengths 850nm, 1300nm, 1310nm, 1490nm, 1550nm, 1625nm
- measuring range -70dBm ~ +10dBm respectively -50dBm ~ +26dBm
- display of power value in dBm and mW
Delivery incl. softcase with carrying strap, charger, various adapters and software