With this power meter, the signal strength on optical fibres in PON networks can be measured in a simple way. This makes it possible to quickly find overloads and defective cables.
The device is very handy and as it works with battery operation it can easily be used anywhere.
The power meter consists of a solid-state InGaAs photodiode for measuring the signal strength and a power-saving LCD display. The cable to be measured is simply connected between the transmitting port of the user's equipment and the interface of the power meter. The Light Source can also be used instead of the normal equipment. The display immediately shows the existing level in dBm.
The unit is equipped with SC/PC connectors. For other connector types, such as LC/PC, our hybrid adapters can be used (e.g. SC male to LC female), which are listed below.
The meter is suitable for all PON networks: APON, BPON, GPON, EPON
- small and robust device
- Automatic switch-off can be set
- Burst mode test for 1310nm upstream wavelength
- Measurement and alarm thresholds can be set
- Supports synchronous measurement and display of experimental voice, data and video signals on PON architecture
- Upstream signal 1310nm, downstream signal 1490nm and 1550nm in the PON system can be measured at once
- Measuring range 1310±50nm -35~+10dBm, 1490±15nm -40~+10dBm, 1550±10nm -40~+25dBm
- Operating time of approx. 12 hours and standby approx. 20 hours
- Connection SC/PC
- Operation with three AA batteries
|Power Supply:||3x AA batteries|
|Working Temperature:||-10°C ~ +50°C|
|Size:||L 186mm x W 100mm x H 50mm|